none
How can c++ create interface such as Ms-Office? RRS feed

• Question

• I am in a concern how powerful is c/c++ though its ms forum.I saw in Wikipedia that Ms-Office is written using c++ but for beginners its a big concern how to create that such windows interface not using Visual Studio but by using only a simple IDE?

Sorry if i choose the wrong forum(forgive this noob).

• Edited by AmarB-30657 Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:03 PM
    • Moved by Baron Bi Monday, June 5, 2017 7:25 AM Not about development issues
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:00 PM

All replies

• I am in a concern how powerful is c/c++ though its ms forum.I saw in Wikipedia that Ms-Office is written using c++ but for beginners its a big concern how to create that such windows interface not using Visual Studio but by using only a simple IDE?

Sorry if i choose the wrong forum(forgive this noob).

The IDE really has nothing to do with the code itself. You can code Windows programs in Notepad if you really want to.

But why do you not want to use Visual Studio? The Community Edition is free, and it is a very good product.

As to Office, I believe it is written using the Win32 IDE, not MFC or .NET or other high level framework. Over the years a vast amount of code has been written for it, and it would be very hard to reproduce its look and feel from scratch.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

• Proposed as answer by Baron Bi Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:51 AM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:50 PM
  • Hi AmarB,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development with Microsoft products.

For your case, you could post on Microsoft Community for better support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 5, 2017 7:24 AM