Do I Have Current Or Nor RRS feed

• Question

• OK i have recently downloaded windows live Onecare and found it to be great but i wanted to know if i have the recent up to date cause i jsut got a week ago i downloaded trial from ms site then bought a 1 yeard sub from them Smile this is my version

And i downloaded a test virus to see how good it worked and it did not pick it up as unwatned software or virus Etc.
    But a simple free anti malware scanner called
    a squared   picked it up wtf i mean im up to date etc or are they only pick up newer virus or nor either so whats going on or are they still working in beta and dont update etc cause i mean i do the update daily but doesnt find um daily so please help !!
    Friday, July 11, 2008 2:36 PM

Answers

• You have the latest version. Enjoy. :-)

-steve

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:09 PM

All replies

• You have the latest version. Enjoy. :-)

-steve

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:09 PM
  • Can you please answer my other question please

And i downloaded a test virus to see how good it worked and it did not pick it up as unwatned software or virus Etc.
    But a simple free anti malware scanner called
    a squared   picked it up wtf i mean im up to date etc or are they only pick up newer virus or nor either so whats going on or are they still working in beta and dont update etc cause i mean i do the update daily but doesnt find um daily so please help !!

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:06 PM
  • I can't answer why the sample was not picked up, but my guess is that you downloaded the Eicar sample. It is possible that OneCare's definitions ignore this as it isn't a real virus.

-steve

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:24 PM
  • Possible i guess the one i tried and there not sample there real cause programs like avg etc pick um up like th enam eof one of um is

Backdoor.DOS.Spydor.13
    Friday, July 11, 2008 4:35 PM
  • I'm not familiar with that particular sample, but from the name it sounds like a DOS virus which is not likely to be a threat to XP or Vista. Many other antivirus programs maintain an extensive definition list with viruses that are no longer in the wild and are not a threat to today's operating systems.

-steve

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:43 PM
  • Ook thanks for the fast response and great feedback thnx again Smile
    Friday, July 11, 2008 4:45 PM
  • You're welcome. I'm sure that someone else will chime in if they are more familiar with that particular sample.

-steve

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:49 PM