ActiveX controls RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I am having a problem with activation of microsoft reader. What is ActiveX control and how do I download it?

I dont have mich idea abt software and computers. So can someone pls suggest a simple solution?

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hello a_rkaj,

Are you trying to download the Microsoft Reader from the microsoft download site and to download, you have to click the Validate button, and when you click the button it tells you that you need to install the ActiveX Control?

If not, would you describe your issue in greater detail?

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:14 PM

All replies

• Hi

ActiveX
    is Microsoft technology used for developing reusable object orinated software components.

I just donloaded and install the software ok but if Active sctipting is not enable you wont be able to activate the software.
    To check go to Control Panel>Internet Options>Security Tab>Select Internet and click on Custom Level.
    Scroll down to near the bottom and you will see Active Scripting - make sure is has a dot in enabled. Apply and then try Activating Microsoft Reader

Regards

Michael
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:08 AM
  • Hello a_rkaj,

Are you trying to download the Microsoft Reader from the microsoft download site and to download, you have to click the Validate button, and when you click the button it tells you that you need to install the ActiveX Control?

If not, would you describe your issue in greater detail?

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:14 PM
  • hi

I am having a problem with activation of microsoft reader. What is ActiveX control and how do I download it?

I dont have mich idea abt software and computers. So can someone pls suggest a simple solution?

Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:33 AM
  • "ulisesm35" wrote in message news:2e7b8555-94b4-43fa-92e8-0d463faaf78f...

hi

I dont have mich idea abt software and computers. So can someone pls suggest a simple solution?

This appears to have nothing to do with the subject of this forum – WGA problems with Vista.
    I suggest that you repost your problem in the Windows Answers Programs forum for the appropriate OS you are using (presumably Vista?)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:49 AM