How do I get a revalidation for my Home Vista, which I bought almost 2 or 3 years ago @ Costco?. RRS feed

• Question

• It was 2 weeks ago that I crashed losing my startup files of Vista.
    I tried to repair it with my installation disk with no avail.
    Than I tried to reinstall Vista completely again with no avail ( It informed me of some internal errors only).
    I was forced to format my Drive, after I backed up all my files.
    But, I cannot get my reinstallation Validated.
    However, I'm a faithful client of Microsoft since MSDos 1992.
    I bought upgrades every time they came out, I still have a subscription of Live OneCare.
    I'm sure you can find this out, microsoft has all of my information, address, IP address and can verify the above.
    Please help, because I cannot affort to buy another copy of Home Premium.  
    Thanks for your effort and I hope to hear from you soon.    Regards    Alexander Jansen   (xandor@shaw.ca
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:16 AM

Answers

• No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:09 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:09 PM

All replies

• You can reactivate your Windows Vista installation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:  slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation (no charge).

Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:41 AM
  • Dear Carey.

After following your advise I was informed by Microsoft to install Window XP first and than upgrade to my old Vista.
    However, when I did I had to push F8 to agree with their contract, but regardless it didn't go further with the installation ?
    Please be so kind to advice, what I cando next. I'll be gratefull Thanks..............   Alexander (xandor@shaw.ca)
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:38 PM
  • Hello XandorCan,

I am confused. In your original post, it seemed that you were having a Non-Genuine issue when Validating Vista. But in your second post, it seems you are in the middle of installing.  Would you describe the issue in greater detail.  Don't assume anything, just tell us what you are seeing and what you have already done.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:37 PM
  • No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:09 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:09 PM