IFD issue in crm 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we have done IFD, and was able login as administrator till yesterday! the problem is the sign in page appears but when i feed in the credentials (admin)  its showing "user name, password is incorrect"

Active Directory authentication is even worse its showing "internet explorer cannot display the page!but in local network the AD authentication is working and i am able to browse the crm site.

Please help..

(prijil.p.s)

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Prijil,

Check if the server can contact the domain controller, most likley CRM lost contact with the DC.

Basically CRM will send DNS SRV requests to the DNS server and it should get in return the SRV results for the DC in the site where CRM is located and then authenticate users against that DC.

You may need to use wireshark to troubleshoot further.

Let us know how you get on.

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Prijil.P.S Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:48 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 9:10 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi all,

we have done IFD, and was able login as administrator till yesterday! the problem is the sign in page appears but when i feed in the credentials (admin)  its showing "user name, password is incorrect" but with the same credential Active Directory authentication is working fine.

Please help.

(prijil.p.s)

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Hello,

I have moved your question to Deployment forum because your question not general but about deployment so please don't create duplicated threads because I will see it and anyway I will merge all duplicates.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:48 PM
  • ok andri.. no issues, accidentally posted in development forum, then had to repost in crm forum too!! cos these are the places i get good replys n suggestions,

will follow procedures from now on.  Thanks.

(prijil.p.s)

• Edited by Prijil.P.S Friday, February 24, 2012 7:04 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 6:04 PM
  • Hi Prijil,

Check if the server can contact the domain controller, most likley CRM lost contact with the DC.

Basically CRM will send DNS SRV requests to the DNS server and it should get in return the SRV results for the DC in the site where CRM is located and then authenticate users against that DC.

You may need to use wireshark to troubleshoot further.

Let us know how you get on.

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Prijil.P.S Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:48 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 9:10 PM
    Answerer