Windows 7 Validation Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Recently laptop just broke down, so i have it shipped to U.S. and have geek squad repair it. But due to unfortunate event my Windows 7 recovery disk wasn't sent with my laptop, and currently my laptop is having this pop up about not having a genuine WINDOWS 7. I'm 100% sure that my product key is legit for it was from Alienware and it was functioning well when it was still working. Now, I seem can't install MSE and also I can't validate my key online.

What I did so far is to reenter my product key, and yet same problem exist.

I also tried this "http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/DownloadValidationSupport.aspx?displaylang=en" yet it shows an error 0xC8000247.

Can I ask for a solution which would not require me to reformat my whole system, cause I don't want to shipped my m15x back just to have alienware utilities again, and I don't like to download all the games again.

• Edited by murival Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:13 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:10 PM

Answers

• "murival" wrote in message news:4c578a0d-9fc7-440e-a045-2cb402b6c356...

Recently laptop just broke down, so i have it shipped to U.S. and have geek squad repair it. But due to unfortunate event my Windows 7 recovery disk wasn't sent with my laptop, and currently my laptop is having this pop up about not having a genuine WINDOWS 7. I'm 100% sure that my product key is legit for it was from Alienware and it was functioning well when it was still working. Now, I seem can't install MSE and also I can't validate my key online.

I also tried this "http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/DownloadValidationSupport.aspx?displaylang=en" yet it shows an error 0xC8000247.

Can I ask for a solution which would not require me to reformat my whole system, cause I don't want to shipped my m15x back just to have alienware utilities again, and I don't like to download all the games again.

Unfortunately Geek Squad have a very poor record in these forums.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Having said that, I suspect that the problem lies with the IRST drivers.

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.   

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by murival Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:35 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:18 PM

All replies

• "murival" wrote in message news:4c578a0d-9fc7-440e-a045-2cb402b6c356...

Recently laptop just broke down, so i have it shipped to U.S. and have geek squad repair it. But due to unfortunate event my Windows 7 recovery disk wasn't sent with my laptop, and currently my laptop is having this pop up about not having a genuine WINDOWS 7. I'm 100% sure that my product key is legit for it was from Alienware and it was functioning well when it was still working. Now, I seem can't install MSE and also I can't validate my key online.

Unfortunately Geek Squad have a very poor record in these forums.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Having said that, I suspect that the problem lies with the IRST drivers.

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.   

• Marked as answer by murival Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:35 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:18 PM
  • Installed the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers and worked like a charm thank you. Solved my Microsoft Security Essential problem too!

• Edited by murival Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:37 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:35 AM
  • Glad to hear it!

Please post an MGADiag report so that we can confirm that all is now as it should be.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:53 AM
  • Thanks a lot!after two days of misery, I'm now enjoying my alienware!:)

payed geek squad 50bucks for their service yet they didn't deliver their service well..tsk tsk...

Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:30 PM
  • A complaint I've heard all too many times, unfortunately.

I would suggest making a complaint to both them and your local consumer protection service - Geek Squad may eventually get the hint that shoddy work is not acceptable from a supposedly professional service that people pay through the nose for.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 3:42 PM