IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when running recovery disc RRS feed

• Question

• I burned a copy of the restore disc from the server using a laptop, put the CD in the computer that needed recovering, and ran into a blue screen after it finished loading files. The error was IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I restarted, and when it got to the screen asking me how much RAM My computer had, I selected the over 512 option, and hit F8, I chose the "Safe mode with boot logging" option and it looks like it's hanging on disk.sys.

So I'm guessing this is a driver issue, and my system isn't liking the recovery CD's drivers. The PC has a SATA hard drive, and a SATA Blu-Ray drive. I don't know which one, but I'm guessing it's one of those two.

My question is... Is there a way to make a custom recovery CD with newer drivers on it? Has anyone one into this issue before?

-Jim. Like the place you work out but not spelled the same way.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:48 PM

All replies

• I burned a copy of the restore disc from the server using a laptop, put the CD in the computer that needed recovering, and ran into a blue screen after it finished loading files. The error was IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I restarted, and when it got to the screen asking me how much RAM My computer had, I selected the over 512 option, and hit F8, I chose the "Safe mode with boot logging" option and it looks like it's hanging on disk.sys.

So I'm guessing this is a driver issue, and my system isn't liking the recovery CD's drivers. The PC has a SATA hard drive, and a SATA Blu-Ray drive. I don't know which one, but I'm guessing it's one of those two.

My question is... Is there a way to make a custom recovery CD with newer drivers on it? Has anyone one into this issue before?

Did you copy the drivers from your client's backups to a USB drive, then use those drivers during the restore process?
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:36 AM
  • I did not do that! Is there a specific folder in the backup I should grab the drivers from? And do I copy them to a specific folder on the USB drive?
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:00 AM
  • The answer to your question is in the console help file, under the topic "Where can I find drivers for my hardware?"
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:51 PM