none
Loose Catch-Up Test (4) RRS feed

• Question

• Starting a new thread from the web side.  Same idea, some posts will be added before I finally add a post to a watched thread.   This time I intend to use  Synchronize Newsgroups.   I think that this will be a modification of OE's Synchronize Account in which the main result will be Synchronize All but without including any E-mail accounts.   I don't have any synchronizable E-mail accounts so the net result I am expecting is whatever the difference between Synchronize All and Synchronize Newsgroups is--for all  newsgroups which are marked for synchronization in all my accounts--as usual WLMail missed the point and dropped useful functionality by replacing it with a much less useful generalization of it.   In any case the result I am expecting is more XHDR use and more evidence of Loose Catch-Up in all newsgroups.   Because all my newsgroups are involved and because I use Watched Conversation in all of them it's possible that there will be missing messages in more newsgroups than just this one I am forcing Loose Catch-Up on.   Hopefully there won't be too much of that in my other newsgroups but the alternative would be changing (temporarily) all my synchronization settings to Don't Synchronize but that just highlights another irritant in WLMail--it doesn't have a news account display which allows synchronization settings to be done en masse at least at that level.

BTW HTH does "Points not updated after migration" in *any* way relate to this Title?  Guess: someone misspelled "lose" in their description?   If so, now they *will* be related.   <EG>

Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:08 AM

All replies

• A reply to go with my new thread.   Then I will add yet another reply to my first thread, check using telnet or another account that all these new messages are available to the bridge, and finally issue a Synchronize All Newsgroups (F5).
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:12 AM
  • Good news.   Synchronize All Newsgroups doesn't do the XHDR References thing.   So it is more closely related to Synchronize All than  OE's Synchronize Account but just not as useful.   So I can use  F5 or Ctrl-F5 to equal effect (since I don't have any synchronizable E-mail accounts.)
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:32 AM