Add WHS folder to Windows 7 client library RRS feed

• Question

• Is that supported by either PP2 or PP3? When I try to add whs\users\me\documents to my documents library on a win7 pro workstation, it tells me it can't be added because it's not indexed. The solution for indexing was to copy the content as offline files which is a horrible duplication.

Is there a way to make this happen? If relevant, I only recently upgraded to Win 7 on the workstation in question (within the past 24 hours). I did a complete reinstall.

Chris
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 5:31 PM

All replies

• Is that supported by either PP2 or PP3? When I try to add whs\users\me\documents to my documents library on a win7 pro workstation, it tells me it can't be added because it's not indexed. The solution for indexing was to copy the content as offline files which is a horrible duplication.

Is there a way to make this happen? If relevant, I only recently upgraded to Win 7 on the workstation in question (within the past 24 hours). I did a complete reinstall.

Chris

I just tried it on my server and it worked fine for me (standard install, up to PP2).  Did you ever stop the indexing process on the server?
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 11:53 PM
  • I did complain about that in the past but don't know how to stop the indexing process, and never tried.

The music folder allows inclusion in the library.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 2:44 AM