Html Image not displayed when saved as Word 2007(.doc) RRS feed

• Question

•  I create an HTML mark up  and  save it as word [.doc] thishtml contains images [ img tag with src to external url] as well as  external url anchor tag with  HREF. The image and links are working in most of the machines with word 2007 and 2010 in XP as well as win7. But in some machines with word 2007, the images do not appear, instead a red x mark is shown with an error message "The image cannot be displayed.  Your computer may not have enough memory to open the image, or the image may have been corrupted. Restart your computer, and open the file again. If the red x still appears, you may have to delete the image and then insert it again."

The issue is intermittant in nature. Sometimes images may appear other wise, images appear as red cross and the word hangs while clicking on the external links /saving the document and sometimes it even blocks the  browser.This can be stopped by killing the winword process in task manager.

word version :word 2007(12.0.6662.5003) sp2  mso(21.0.6662.5000).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Atit Shah

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:09 PM not developer related (From:Word for Developers)
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:44 PM

Answers

• Sure Cindy, I will post this in correct forum. Closing this.

Thanks, Atit Shah

• Marked as answer by Atit Shah Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:41 PM

All replies

• I thought I answered this already once today...

Your question is about file conversion and has nothing to do with programming using the Word automation interfaces. The MSDN forums target development, not Word file conversion. Your question is off-topic on MSDN. Please ask in a more appropriate venue where file conversion is on-topic. You'll find more people there who may have an idea why your HTML code is not converting the way you expect in Word 2007:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word?tab=unanswered

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:27 PM
  • Sure Cindy, I will post this in correct forum. Closing this.

Thanks, Atit Shah

• Marked as answer by Atit Shah Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:41 PM