Export workflows with Lookup InputParameters from development environment to Test/ Production RRS feed

• Question

• Export workflows with Lookup InputParameters from development environment to Test/ Production

Hi all,

We have a very strange and bug type problem.
    we have developed a some workflows activities, some of the activities include Input / Output parameters from type of Lookup.
    When working in the workflow designer and insert to the parameters lookup value (by selecting it from a lookup list/window) , it's all working jest fain. The problem start when we export the customizations to another environment by export / import tools.
    The workflows copied ok but we can't publish some of them in the new environment, we gets an error in the workflow designer window that says that the record is not exists … after some checking we figure it out: the workflow is searching a Guid / Lookup value from thye other environment ( that the customizations was imported from ), by building  that  WF from the WF designer again by deleting the current and create new entry / step will solve the problem, but we have hundreds WF and it's will be very jard thing to do.

My question: Is it possible to that the WF export the data with the Schema? because that what seems to be … when I looked at the xml file created in the customization.xml  that export the WF I saw a item calls "uidata", that includes a serialization or binary data that embedded in the Xml file, maybe the export tool is including the schema of the WF and includes somehow all of the Input parameters typed Lookup and gets its data hardcoded.

Maybe we are not working correctly? Is there another way to export / import WF (that include Custom workflow Activities with parameters) between environments ?

Thanks

ItzikBS

Example from my code:

public static DependencyProperty Role1LookupProperty = DependencyProperty.Register("Role1Lookup", typeof(Lookup), typeof(CreateActivities));
            [CrmInput("Role1")]
            [CrmReferenceTarget("new_businessrole")]
            public Lookup Role1Lookup
            {
                get
                {
                    return (Lookup)base.GetValue(Role1LookupProperty);
                }
                set
                {
                    base.SetValue(Role1LookupProperty, value);
                }