Delayed write fail duriing backup RRS feed

• Question

• I started having a backup problem to a MAXTOR external hard drive about 2 months ago using Live OneCare.  In all cases the backup appears to go normally until reaching about 74% complete and then gives a WINDOW - DELAYED WRITE FAILED Unable to save all the data for file G:\Windows OneCare and Backup\Office\2008-C\files\part149.zip\data lost.

The problem seems to occur at the same point every time.  I have reinstalled OneCare with no help.  The hard drive is only one year old and I have not had problems moving other files to it.  I am into my second year with OneCare and the past 2 months are the only times that I have had problems using the backup feature.

My computer is using Window XP with service pack 3.

Any ideas?

Bud Dalton

Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:49 AM

Answers

• Is there any software that came with the drive from Maxtor installed? If so, disable or remove the software. Is the drive connected directly to the PC's rear panel USB ports or is it connected to a USB hub? If it is connected to a hub, connect it to a rear panel USB port or make sure that the USB hub is a powered hub. Perhaps try another USB port.

You may want to contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:30 PM