Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased my MS Office Professional 2003 and installed it on my PC using the product key provided. I tried to open Word but a Setup Wizard box appears again asking me for User Info and Product Key again. I input the product key and it tells me the key is not valid. I can't open any MS Office documents, only Access. I tried to reinstall and repair, did not work. What seems to be the problem? Please help!!
    Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:15 PM

Answers

•  baker1 wrote:
    I purchased my MS Office Professional 2003 and installed it on my PC using the product key provided. I tried to open Word but a Setup Wizard box appears again asking me for User Info and Product Key again. I input the product key and it tells me the key is not valid. I can't open any MS Office documents, only Access. I tried to reinstall and repair, did not work. What seems to be the problem? Please help!!

You receive an "invalid product key" error message when you start an Office 2003 program after you install Office Professional Edition 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836178/en-us

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:18 PM

All replies

•  baker1 wrote:
    I purchased my MS Office Professional 2003 and installed it on my PC using the product key provided. I tried to open Word but a Setup Wizard box appears again asking me for User Info and Product Key again. I input the product key and it tells me the key is not valid. I can't open any MS Office documents, only Access. I tried to reinstall and repair, did not work. What seems to be the problem? Please help!!

You receive an "invalid product key" error message when you start an Office 2003 program after you install Office Professional Edition 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836178/en-us

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:18 PM
  • Hi Carey Firsch,

I went to the website you provided me with and the problem was that there was MS Standard Edition 2003 on there that needed to be deleted. So all the programs are opening with no problem.

Thanks very much!

Baker1

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:50 PM