Having trouble installing Microsoft Streets & Trips 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble installing Microsoft Streets & Trips 2011. I'm using Windows Vista. Getting a message that says: Microsoft Streets & Trips 2011 requies the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++2010 Redistributable. To install the component, click OK. If you want to stop the installation and exit Setup, click Cancel. When I click OK, I get this message: Please wait while Microsoft Visual C++2010 Redistributable is installed. At last, I get this message: One of the prerequisite components failed to install. Setup will now exit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:31 PM

All replies

• jimbob338:

I found a solution that worked for me on my Windows 8 machine (Lenovo U310 Ultrabook).

I looked in Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs to see what copies of Microsoft Visual C++ were installed.  

There were several, but the two of interest were the 2010 x64 and x86 programs, both version 10.0.40219.

I checked on my HANNspree Netbook (Windows XP}, where Streets and Trips has been running splendidly.  The installed copy of C++ 2010 is version 10.0.30318.  

I uninstalled the version 10.0.40219 copies from my Windows 8 machine and then installed S&T 2010 without a hitch.  It runs perfectly.

The final task was to find the S&T folder in Windows Explorer, right click on the Microsoft Streets and Trips folder, and select Send to/Desktop (shortcut).

There it was on the desktop, ready to go.

Hope this works for you and the dozens of others who are having the same problem(s) and getting no response from Microsoft.

Good luck and happy trails.

Monday, May 27, 2013 8:55 PM
  • Carefee,

I found the C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 program on my PC (didn't see the other program you mentioned). I uninstalled it, then installed S&T. At least now it would actually install, but when I tried to launch it, I got a message that said: Your registry settings for this application were not copied correctly. To correct these settings, run Setup again for this application from the location where you originally installed it. I ran Setup several times and rebooted many times. Nothing I tried would get it to work. However, I was able to find S&T on sale at OfficeMax for half price ($19.99), so I went ahead and purchased it. Installed it, and it works fine. Would have loved to use the free-to-me version I had, but at least I saved some money.

Thanks for all your help. You are right, it is difficult to get help from Microsoft.

jimbob.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:06 PM
  • This worked for me as well on my new Win 8 machine, Streets and Trips works fine now. It also cleared up an issue I had where I could not view or download Microsoft Drivers from their upload site. I could only view the top 25% of the page and could not see the "download" button on most pages.
    That cleared up too. There must be a problem with version C++ 2010 10.0.40219
    Friday, May 31, 2013 2:52 AM