The Minimum Privileges Required to Run a Report from within CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a user role that has the minimum privileges required to run a CRM report, excluding the particular entities referenced by the report itself. Where might I find this information?

Jack W. Pullen

Friday, April 4, 2014 6:23 PM

Answers

• By a little trial and error, I have a solution for those who care.

Everything is a read privilege and at the proper granular level for your organization.

Core Entities:

Business Management:

Field Security Profile

Business Unit

Organization

Security Role

Team

User

User Settings

Print

Customization:

System Form

View

========

You may be able to pare down Business Management, but you will need Print.

Jack W. Pullen

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 4:05 PM

All replies

• Check this http://rc.crm.dynamics.com/RC/2011/en-us/on-prem/5.0/help/source_sec_rpt.htm

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Friday, April 4, 2014 6:35 PM
    Friday, April 4, 2014 6:34 PM
  • This document doesn't identify any privileges that are required for reporting.

Jack W. Pullen

Friday, April 4, 2014 7:52 PM
  • Check the second row in the first table of the doc.. Apart from the data itself, users will need READ privilege on 'Report' in the "Core Records" tab of a Security role

Run any report that is available to all users

Security roles:  Any

Privileges Report record type (A record type whose privileges control permission to run, create, and manage reports. This record type is on the Core Records tab in Security Roles.): Read (A privilege required to read a record. Which records can be read depends on the access level of the permission defined in your security role.)

Yes

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:30 PM
  • I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I have set read privileges on all of the entities on the Core tab--including Report--and I can't even get the report list to display, much less run a report.

Jack W. Pullen

Monday, April 7, 2014 12:14 PM
  • Jack,

Check if the Report is Viewable by Organization or User. You can view this setting by selecting your report in CRM -> click edit report -> 'Administration' tab

All users will see the Org viewable reports. User viewable reports are controlled by the access level that you provide for Read on Reports. For example, if you have provided BU level access for Read Report then the User will be able to see only the Reports that are owned by him or other users from the same BU.

HTH

Monday, April 7, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Thanks.

THe report I'm testing with is set to Organization. The Report privilege is reset to Organization.

I can't see any reports in the list (it says I lack the privileges).

Jack W. Pullen

Monday, April 7, 2014 2:25 PM
  • By a little trial and error, I have a solution for those who care.

Everything is a read privilege and at the proper granular level for your organization.

Core Entities:

Business Management:

Field Security Profile

Business Unit

Organization

Security Role

Team

User

User Settings

Print

Customization:

System Form

View

========

You may be able to pare down Business Management, but you will need Print.

Jack W. Pullen

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 4:05 PM