XP Mesh vs Win7 Mesh (Taskbar icon) RRS feed

• Question

• Apologies if this has already been posted - did a search but didn't find exactly what I was after.

When using XP to exit the Mesh application I can right click it's icon in the task bar, a menu pops up and I can choose to exit.

When using Win7 I need to click the little triangle to un-hide the icons, this exposes the Mesh icon and when I attempt to right click on the Mesh icon nothing happens (I'm expecting to get the little menu which allows me to exit Mesh - So in order to close it I must sign in to Mesh at which point I can then exit.

The work around is to use (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons) and set the Mesh icon to always show - which I don't want to do! I like my icons hidden!

Any solutions most welcome!
    Monday, February 22, 2010 8:42 PM

Answers

• I can't find the thread where this was reported prviously, but it is a known issue and has everything to do with the fact that it is hidden as an inactive icon. You have already discovered the workaround(s). I don't know the status of this going forward, either - we'll have to see what the next release brings.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:59 PM