none
Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I try to install a certificate to the personal store. If my device not connect network at first time, the certificate is invalid, it seems can't build the certificate chain. The certificate status is: The issuer of this certificate could not be found.The certificate information same as bellow:

But if my device connected network, I reinstall the certificate, the certificate status is ok.

It seems only the first time my device need to connect network. I'm sure the Root CA and the Intermediate certificates I have installed on my device.

Could you please tell my why the first time need to connect network, then the certificate chain can build successfully, otherwise it will be failed.

Best regards,

Jerry

.Net Windows C#

• Edited by Jerry F H Wu Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:26 AM
    • Moved by Fei Hu Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:37 AM Certificated Related
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hello Jerry,

>>Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate

The error usually occurs when root certificates and intermediate certificates are all not installed correctly. you need to go to details panel and check the issues as below image.

And there is a good blog for your refer.

Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:02 AM
  • Hi Neil,

Thanks for you reply.

I'm sure the root certificates and intermediate certificates are installed correctly, otherwise it will always failed.

My case is only the first time build certificate chain failed if my device not connect network.

Many thanks.

Jerry

.Net Windows C#

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:08 AM
  • Hello Jerry,

I'm sorry that I have no idea what network actually do when generated certificate. The issue is out of support of C# General Question forum which mainly discusses C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools. you could repost a new thread to certificate forum for better support.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:37 AM