My site ranked in top 3 in google and not found in msn , please help RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
       This is my first post in this forum and a total new bie to msn webmaster tools. I have few sites which have been ranking in top 3 postion in google for some months now. They have very strong back links also.

eg: http://watch-one-tree-hill-online.net/

This site is ranked 2nd or 3rd in google for the term "watch one tree hill online" and many other related terms. But i can't find my site for those search terms in msn live. I don't think that i have done something special for google , what i did was ormal seo.

Does live requires somewhat different optimization compared to google? I am not sure what i am doing wrong , if any one can help, please let me know.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'll take a look at this and get back to you in a day or two with any suggestions I might have.

Brett

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:41 PM
  • Any update on this yet?

I'm also in the same situation for quite a few sites!

In the last few months 'live' search seems to have lost the plot! I can find many posts here that are saying similar things - searching with Google and Yahoo! the sites are easily found - but the same search with MS and nothing!

6 months ago MS were finding and indexing my sites quicker than the opposition - but things have taken a serious turn for the worse.

Yes the sites have back links and are constructed correctly, etc., etc. - enough to satisfy all the other SE's !?!

I appreciate all SE's shouldn't be the same, but the idea is to return relevant, quality results - which 'live' used to but it's not what I'm seeing these days.

For the time being I've given up using live as my preferred SE Sad

I look forward to your comments...

<EDIT> oops: perhaps I should have viewed the site mentioned in the first post first! I can see that the 'zango' strange stuff could be affecting this site.  My post was made after viewing many similar posts - perhaps I chose the wrong one to add my comments to.

Saturday, September 20, 2008 5:10 PM
  • HI, I want to know how many day the live search can found a new site. My site http://www.ufindbook.com create 1 month and google ready find over 1200 page, but live search can't. Can you give me some suggestions, thanks.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:20 AM
  • Huang,

It depends on how many backlinks, content, etc. you have. As I mentioned in your other post, your site is in our index.

Brett
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:26 PM
  • Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:31 PM
  •  Brett Yount wrote:

Do you also own www.watch-one-tree-hill-online.info?

Sorry to appear dim - but I can't see who you are referring to when you ask this!

If it's directed to me - then no it's not one of my sites.

Regards,

b4dger.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:27 PM
  • Hi
    I also seem to have the same problem with some of my sites but i am also mystified as to how live search ranks. I searched galway accommodation and a site that is barely visible anywhere on the net came up 1st.
    Monday, September 29, 2008 4:43 PM
  • B4ger,

I was referencing the person that started this thread. In regards to your issues, could you please give me more details such as: TLDs, issues, keywords you are using?

Thanks,

Brett

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 8:12 PM
  •  Brett Yount wrote:

B4ger,

I was referencing the person that started this thread. In regards to your issues, could you please give me more details such as: TLDs, issues, keywords you are using?

Thanks,

Brett

Hi Brett,

The TLD's are mostly co.uk's

Issues are as my first post and the title of this thread, problems which seem to be being experienced by many others at the moment looking around recent posts here.

i.e. Google and Yahoo! find the sites fine and index them normally, but not to be found on MS Live!?!

The site's aren't spammy or running ads, they are mostly established sites (2+ years) - just normal boring company sites - often not even found by their company name (which is also part of the domain name) in MS Live.

Regards,

b4dger.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

I reread your first post and still don't know which keywords you are targeting or your domain names. If you could please provide these, I will be happy to investigate the issue further.

Cheers!

Brett

Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:34 PM
  • @Galway

Galway, searching "galway accommodation" on both Google and Live Search brings up nearly the same results.

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=galway+accommodation&mkt=en-us&FORM=IE8SRC&src=IE-SearchBox

http://www.google.com/search?q=galway+accommodation&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

Was this the correct keyword phrase you were targeting?

Brett

Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:45 PM
  • I am facing same problem,

my site : http://www.celebsgossip.net

for term : celebsgossip

Google ranks : 2
    Yahoo Ranks : 2
    Live rank : 38

also i don't found much pages listed on live where on yahoo and google more than thousand pages listed.

any reason for this ?? can any one tell what should i do to get good ranking on live Smile
    Friday, November 7, 2008 10:52 AM