locked
ERROR: Cannot synchronize with the corporeate address book because the file could not be found. RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    Greetings,

     

    I'm seeing the error in the subject line from my Communicator 2007 clients. I've looked at the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939530 but it didn't resolve my issue.

     

    I'm running Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2003. I do recall when I set up the Exchange server that I removed the certificate created by Exchange 2007 from IIS since I had a signed Go-Daddy certificate which I intended on using for OWA.

     

    I've tried switching the certificate back to the Exchange generated one (with the server name as the cert name).....but that didn't seem to help at all.

     

    Can anyone tell me if I've made an error in the certificate swapping or do I have another problem?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Jason C. Shave

    Thursday, September 27, 2007 4:07 AM

All replies

  • Jason,

     

    I`ve the same problem with Exchange Certificates... check for Computer Certificates if you has any "Untrusted" certificate from your Domain or CA.

     

    1. MMC

    2. Add/Remove Snap-in

    3. Certificates

    4. Select Computer / Local Computer...

     

    Regards,

     

     

    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:31 PM
  • Hello,

     

    I thought that might be the issue so I built up a new Exchange 2007 server and migrated the mailboxes. The error has since gone away however I do now have a true "front-end/back-end" topology where my front-end system has my public SSL certificate bound to it and my back-end has the cert generated by Exchange at install time.

     

    I'm not sure how you would deploy the product any other way since you can't have two certificates bound to the same IIS site.

     

    Prior to changing the topology I did get an error indicating the certificate for my single Exchange server was "invalid" and didn't match the fqdn of the system. This was obvious since I had replaced the certificated generated by Exchange with my public one.....which explains the error I originally posted about.

     

    Thank you for the reply!

     

    Jason

     

    Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:36 AM