Problem deploying SSRS reports into CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new to CRM but have been using SQL Server since 6.5, I've inherited a CRM system that already has SSRS reports in place, I've now modified a few of these and need to release them which I've been trying to do via Reporting Services in Management Studio (Home/CRM folder/4.0/) then right click, import, select rpt file, open, tick "overwrite if exists", then press okay, is this the right way to do it or do I have to delete the original and then re-import? Or is there another way completely as my report doesn't change.

Thanks in advance.
    My wife says I never listen to her, or something like that anyway.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:35 PM

Answers

• By adding the report through Report Manager or Management Studio, the report will not be listed in the CRM UI.  This is not necessarily unwanted behavior, but it is noteworthy.  I would always keep a copy of the original rdl file so you can roll back to a known working version if the update goes awry.

To have the report listed in the CRM ui, navigate to Reports in the CRM workplace.  In the Outlook client, Reports are listed under Workplace, My Work, Reports.  You can add the report there by clicking New.  Confirm the report source is existing file, upload your file, associate the report with some entities, and then save.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:17 PM

All replies

• By adding the report through Report Manager or Management Studio, the report will not be listed in the CRM UI.  This is not necessarily unwanted behavior, but it is noteworthy.  I would always keep a copy of the original rdl file so you can roll back to a known working version if the update goes awry.

To have the report listed in the CRM ui, navigate to Reports in the CRM workplace.  In the Outlook client, Reports are listed under Workplace, My Work, Reports.  You can add the report there by clicking New.  Confirm the report source is existing file, upload your file, associate the report with some entities, and then save.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:17 PM
  • Thank you very much, if it was any more obvious it would have beaten me around the head.
    My wife says I never listen to her, or something like that anyway.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:58 PM