Loading an exe from DVD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    i have an exe in a DVD and i placed the DVD named "A" in the Drive and invoked the exe from the DVD
    and in the invoked exe which contains a Dialog with a button in it..and now i pressed the button it will throw a message box(im throwing message box from code) which tells to insert another DVD called "B" into the same drive....and now i removed the DVD and inserted the second DVD ("B")now ill press ok in the message box then what should happen is it should invoke the setupo.exe which is present in the second DVD "B".....but im getting a windows message like Wrong Volume is in the Drive.Please insert the DVD "A" into drive F: ..and it is not allowing to go further and the thing is this error comes only in windows XP machine only and everything works fine in windows 2003,2008 server....and one morething this message comes in windows 2003,2008 also but it comes only when i invoke taskmanager...and it doesn"t create any problem in that machines...

Please help me regarding the same...
    • Edited by p_1960 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:05 AM
    • Moved by Nancy Shao Friday, November 13, 2009 3:06 AM To get better support (From:Visual C++ General)
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Your Post is wrongly delivered here!!!
    Make sure the correct forum

Although you are facing problem with an .exe it may not related to Visual C++ at all.

Knowledge is like light; It spreads only when you have clear and transparent mind. - Sreedhar
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:57 AM
  • Please suggest me the forum where i can post the same question...
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:01 AM
  • Hi P_1960,

I'm moving this thread to "Where is the forum for...", and you will get right direction.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, November 13, 2009 3:05 AM
  • Try asking here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-hardware

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Quick Answer ;-)

Posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:55 AM

Marked as answer on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:04 AM

Still there is not an appropriate answer for the sender. 

The status should be "Closed" not "Answered".

Knowledge is like light; It spreads only when you have clear and transparent mind.

Friday, July 20, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Quick Answer ;-)

Posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:55 AM

Marked as answer on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:04 AM

Still there is not an appropriate answer for the sender. 

The status should be "Closed" not "Answered".

Knowledge is like light; It spreads only when you have clear and transparent mind.

D,

Where to ask is the answer you get in this forum: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/thread/b970e780-0de0-4642-8ed6-576cbb3a5dd4

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, July 20, 2012 8:45 PM
  • Ed Price,

Got it! :)

Thanks!

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:33 AM