OCS 2007 beta3 files RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I get the installation files for Office Communications Server 2007 Beta 3 and Update Server?
    I have some Tanjay v1.0.111.0 to upgrade...
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 3:05 PM

Answers

• Are they on the same subnet as your CA?  Also, any other info on screen about why they can't log in?  I just got a batch of that version and once I set my client version filter and logged in with an enterprise voice enable account I was all set.  You can try sending the logs from the phone, see if that gets you any additional info.

-kp
    Kevin Peters MCSE/MCSA/MCTS/CCNA/Security+ blog: www.ocsguy.com
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:58 PM
  • When you try logging into them in the user name field put it as domain.com\username  not domain\username, Also as Kevin said check to see that the Certificate is not a problem that is usually pretty obvious since the phone will say failed due to certificate or  something like that.

I have also been able to get a couple of dozen phones working that were the original beta with R2.

Great article for trouble shooting phones

http://blogs.technet.com/ucspotting/archive/2009/03/11/troubleshooting-ocs-2007-r2-device-update-service-for-communicator-phone-edition.aspx
    Mitch Roberson |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT
    Monday, July 20, 2009 2:39 AM

All replies