none
Frequently asked questions - Forums help RRS feed

• Question

• The link on the first page with the text given in the title of this question goes to:

The FAQ has been reassigned, please update your bookmarks.

Can the link be adapted to the new URL?

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

• Edited by WhTurner33 Tuesday, June 5, 2012 11:43 AM
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:15 PM Forums issue (From:MSDN Subscriptions Feedback)
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 11:42 AM

Answers

• I believe that's what he meant (and this is what I see). From the user's perspective it needs to be a direct link. Again, from the user's perspective localization issues should not be a problem (the FAQ should be displayed in the same language as the user's preference or in English).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Understood. It's a platform limitation. The question has been raised before. This is the official answer.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

• Marked as answer by WhTurner33 Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:08 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Can you explain this more?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:44 PM
    Owner
  • Click on the link at the right (right above 'My Forum Links') and you get this message. I think it was reported here before.

My blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:32 PM
  • My text is different.

I see this...

The Frequently Asked Questions has Moved

The Forums help file has been moved to the Community Wiki. Please update any bookmarks you may have.

=================

And what does Jan mean about this: "Can the link be adapted to the new URL?"

What does that mean? Are you asking to have the original forum link just go straight to the Wiki page?

Assuming that's the question... the answer is no. They needed to leave that page as the landing page in the forums because the original content is still available in the other languages. So it's a localization issue.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:49 AM
    Owner
  • I believe that's what he meant (and this is what I see). From the user's perspective it needs to be a direct link. Again, from the user's perspective localization issues should not be a problem (the FAQ should be displayed in the same language as the user's preference or in English).

My blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 1:18 AM

My blog

Understood. It's a platform limitation. The question has been raised before. This is the official answer.

• Marked as answer by WhTurner33 Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:08 AM
    Owner