none
Can't activate anymore. RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my motherboad, ram, and processor. Now my computer is obviously no longer recognized by Vista. What do I do so I don't have to buy this again?

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0066.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Cached Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-XY9X3-JDXYP-6CJ97
    Windows Product Key Hash: xFQJU8srKsovk6p1Lk1yW93in4E=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00211
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {92E24422-29DC-4E14-AF2B-87B3236B3DD6}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_gdr.071009-1548
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 108 Invalid VLK
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-531-645_025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{92E24422-29DC-4E14-AF2B-87B3236B3DD6}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0066.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-6CJ97</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00211</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3350718788-2206569488-154855701</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>GBT___</Manufacturer><Model>GBTUACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>F3</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20071224000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>08323507018400F6</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>108</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>108</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>9F742CD2D633586</Val><Hash>ZFQvm97DgO3DvPzq2I+1vUwMNCc=</Hash><Pid>89388-707-6239375-65241</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Saturday, January 19, 2008 3:37 AM

Answers

• Since you have an OEM version of Windows Vista and a non-genuine copy of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, visit a nearby store that sells genuine Microsoft software and purchase "full versions" of both Windows Vista and Microsft Office 2007.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 3:45 AM

All replies

• Since you have an OEM version of Windows Vista and a non-genuine copy of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, visit a nearby store that sells genuine Microsoft software and purchase "full versions" of both Windows Vista and Microsft Office 2007.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 3:45 AM
  • Well thats not cool but it is no big deal, might as well purchase the full version of vista ultimate 32/64 bit so I don't run into this again. Also I'll see what I can do about the Office 2007.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 4:46 PM
  • This i find quite interesting, actually amazingly interesting. When i bought a computer in 1997 at the same store, i paid for my copy of Windows 95, they gave me the CD and everything. I bought a computer and 2005 and it seems to be these trends for paritions now and my partition managed to somehow get corrupted, and my disc wouldn't work that says it has the full version of xp on it, but now that it can't find the paritition i don't have XP anymore. And you're saying basically to this guy and me, that cuz computers don't come packaged anymore with a CD of it, and the partition is supposed to be protected that you should have to buy WIndows a second time. That is not only above most peoples wallets, but should be against the law, and shows how heartless Windows is just because 1-5 percent of people pirate, which they always do and always will, espescially in China, thats not our fault. My dad goes and buys a brand new Computer just a month ago and Vista and everything is on it, so if his partition gets corrupted he has to buy a new windows if he's not covered by his warranty, but if he is cover they'll give it to him for free cuz they know he obviously payed for windows.

Man i was a big fan of Microsoft for a long time, i learned on MS-Dos 6.22 when i was 10 or 11 years old and was not windows like Macintosh was and i favoured MS-Dos for sure, and into Windows 95. But now it seems like you guys just treat everyone like nothing, and look for any reason to make them spend another hard earned pay cheque in a short life where nothing is guaranteed and we can die at any moment you want us to take even more of something we save up for to spend on Windows? Are you serious? Like my dads away right now and i think when he finds out about this (i'm 24 and can fix any computer) i guarantee you he's gonna freak out, and if he has a heart attack over it i'm suing microsoft because this whole situation could be avoided if Microsoft was honest and not out to take everybody's money when they're already rich enough. I think i have had about enough of Microsoft. I have an xbox 360, full year of xbox live membership payed for up front (sure that helps with interest, probably make way more than people who pay monthly on credit cards) Purchased many different versions of Windows since 95 and putting up with what i now know was half-assed work by Microsoft (remember Windows Me?) and i just really wish it didn't have to be like this, but i think my dad will be taking his brand new 1000 dollar computer back unless they give us a bloody disc of Vista. And if they don't i'll build my dad one for half the price and probably use a Macintosh OS or Linux now, i would hate to give Microsoft money after all the trouble they're putting people who decide to spend they're hard earned money on them for over a decade.

Look at this hotmail account too, i've had this since 1998 when i was in Grade 8 and i demand some respect for my patronage. This guy who originally posted i can tell has too much to deal with to get into a thing over a computer, but the thing is if nobody says anything Microsoft will just keep trying to gouge. I mean we have bought many versions of Office, and i mean what are we actualyl paying for between versions, new graphics and some useless new features? I could go back to office 95 and it'll make just as good a document as anything else. In fact i could use a word program from the 80's and it would do just as good a job, might take a little more thinking and brain work for some people (like knowing how to spell) but y'know these things you guys are charging over 500 dollars for, and the new windows, i mean whats so new about it that its worth the money, its that useful over the old windows that its worth 300 dollars out of someones 1200 dollar monthly cheque where most goes to groceries and bills and they have to forgo any sort of thing until their entire next paycheque just so Microsoft can rake in more dough. No sorry, thats when capatilism crosses the line, the line of being a capatilist and a theif, and yes you can hurt someone without ever seeing them, so don't be a smarty pants about it.

These things i would rather not go to court, i don't want money, wel i do but this isn't what this is about, this is about treating your customers with respect, espescially long serving ones, its always the companies that think they're to big for the people that made them that end up crashing the hardest in the end, i mean Vista is only surviving right now BECAUSE of OEM packages on computers, if it wasn't for this you guys would be totally screwed with this poorly designed software that everybody i've ever talked to so far that has it is complaining about (altho i do know a service pack is close, some of the hardware problems are beyond unexceptable and certain drive transfer rates, and hardware transfer rates, unacceptable) and some people i know just go back to XP (kind of reminds me of EXACTLY what happened before Service Pack 1 was released for XP). The thing is how many risks does microsoft want to take, i mean show people a good heart here and you got me for another 10 years for sure at least, but give people the cold shoulder and i'm telling you losing me will be a big loss for MS, i am very big on word of mouth as you can see, and everyone knows that thats the REAL advertising, you can make all the commercials you want but word of mouth is the final descision maker, usually cause someone is with their friend or so on. I have been saying favourable things about Vista despite the problems and i have gotten 3 people to buy windows with OEM versions on it, Had i known it was such an unreliable source and that you don't get replacement copies for it i am absolutely floored right now. Completely floored. Wait till my dad hears about this, i can guarantee you 3 people will be taking there computers back for a macintosh or have me build one for them for half the price by the end of the week.

Please MS lets find a solution to this. OEM's make you most of your money, and keep you ahead of the pack, don't shaft those people when they genuinely lose their software espescially when they're using your software to protect them, like my dads full year of Windows Live ONe Care, and MS Office which is the 3rd version we bought i believe, well if you include Lotus Smartsuite 96 which is IBM. I would love to see Microsoft show some heart here.

Monday, February 4, 2008 12:36 AM
  • Hi vanhalendlrband,

Thank you for your comments, but I just wanted to point out some miss-information in your post.

a)  Acording to his Diagnostic Report, his Vista came with his computer. Software that comes on computer usually can not be used on another computer. This is true for Vista and it's true for most of the software that comes with the computer. It is generally accepted in the computer industry that the Motherboad is the computer. Change the motherboad, a new computer is created.  (unless the motherboard was changed out for warrenty repair/replacment)

b) Vista that comes pre-installed on computers from Large manufacturers detect a specal code on the motherboard's bios and self-activates...If he had had his motherboard replaced by the manufacturer, they would have replaced it with a motherboard that had that specal code, but since he did it himself, he 1) voided his computer's warrenty with the computer manufacturer and 2) was unable to use the Vista that came with his computer because there is no specale code in the new motherboard's bios.

c) please see How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-us which includes how to go about getting a replacment Windows Restore CD from the company that manufactured the computer.

d)  Carey is not a Microsoft Employee, so you wrote a huge rant about Microsoft based on a comment from a person that is Not a Microsoft Rep.... (it even says he's not a Microsoft employee in his signature)

I'm sure you wrote a great Rant, but I got bored after the 2nd chapter.  My advise is if you want someone to read and take your rants seriously...make it shorter (so people will actually read it) and only rant about something you have knowladge in (people loss credibility when it becomes obious that they don't know what they are talking about).

Anyways, thank you for your comments, I'm sure they are well informed and well thought out,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, February 4, 2008 11:40 PM