Reset and reinstall organization - Safe or not ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to empty all the data (not the customization) contains on a CRM organisation. And because there is a hudge volume of data (millions of rows) I cannot to it manually or automatically (with bulk delete or a custom dev) because it will be to long and I want to restart on empty orga.

So I think about disable, delete (orga from deployment manager and base from SQL server), recreate the same organisation (same name, language, collation, ...) and import all the customization (solution). 

Do you think that its dangerous, because I have some others developpement pointing on this base ? And do you have some advices or best practice do achieve what I want to do ?

Thx a lot

Kya

Monday, June 10, 2013 1:59 PM

Answers

• Kyamit,

I don't see a problem with this, you saying you don't want the data but only customizations?

Why not create a new Org and test if the customizations go in, before you delete the old Organization?

hope this helps

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Kyamit Monday, June 10, 2013 4:10 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 3:05 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Kyamit,

I don't see a problem with this, you saying you don't want the data but only customizations?

Why not create a new Org and test if the customizations go in, before you delete the old Organization?

hope this helps

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Kyamit Monday, June 10, 2013 4:10 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 3:05 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Nrodri,

This is what I did today, I deleted and recreated an old org and I imported the solution and everything seems to be ok... 

In fact, I asked this question just to now if there was a problem with this solution... Maybe it's unrecommanded or anything else. 

So if there are no problem with that I gonna try it.

Thx for your answer

Monday, June 10, 2013 3:22 PM