CRM 4.0 and The Sales Pipeline Report RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of deploying CRM 4.0 at our company.  We are looking to use "sales pipeline.rdl" and and "sales pipeline detail.rdl" reports.  When run then and look at the report definition it references some tables called FilteredSalesProcessInstance.  The data in this table is ued to group the bar charts and tables in the two reports respectively.

I have been searching for a couple of days now through all of the doucmentaiton and I cant find any documentation on those tables.  The only reference I can find is that it is used in CRM 3.0 from the Sales Process workflows. 

We are attempting to implement a sales process and we want to catetorize our opportunities into sales phases, which it appears is the exact use for SalesProcessInstance. 

My question are:

1. What is the use of these tables in 4.0 and how do you configure them so the sales process informaiton shows up in the report.
    2. if they are not used then why is the sales process informaiton still carried over in the reports.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 4:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

To create a sales process and use that reports to show the sales pipeline you have to use a staged workflow on the opportunity entity, this will populate the data required for the reports. Here you have an example about how to do it http://blogs.msdn.com/dynamicscrmonline/archive/2008/05/23/microsoft-dynamics-crm-sales-process.aspx

Hope it helps,

Marco Amoedo

AlfaPeople

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 10:24 PM
  • Marco,

thank you for the quick reply.  What you say makes complete sense.  However, when i click throuh to the example provided and try and upload that workflow it cannot be uploaded.  I can see by looking at the xml file in the example an complaring it with a dummy workflow customization that i exported that they are not quite in the same format.  I was hoping to embed the sample inside of the customization exported from crm 4.0 but that is not as simple as i first thought.

My hopefully simple question is how do i upload that sample so i can see what it does and play with it.

Thank in advance

Kevin

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 11:34 PM
  •  

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Now I can add our custom stages and a lot of usefull reports.

Thanks a lot!!

Friday, August 8, 2008 2:22 PM
  • Anybody had problems with this report in terms of the group by Date function. Cannot get the date order of the report to work in terms of ordering by Estimated Close date.

Am posting here in the attempt to get anyone out there to help me please... have been pulling my hair out in looking at the query in this report to work out how to order by Estimated Close Date!

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

Monday, August 18, 2008 3:48 PM