none
WINDOWS 10

Question

• I RECIEVED A E-MAIL FROM MICROSOFT THAT SAID I CAN HAVE WINDOWS 10 FOR FREE ON JULY 29TH WHEN IT COMES AVAILABLE, SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT YOU GET IT FOR ONE YEAR FOR FREE BUT AFTER A YEAR YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE IT OR IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE, IS THIS THE TRUTH OR WHAT IS THE REAL DEAL?????
    Tuesday, June 09, 2015 10:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• I RECIEVED A E-MAIL FROM MICROSOFT THAT SAID I CAN HAVE WINDOWS 10 FOR FREE ON JULY 29TH WHEN IT COMES AVAILABLE, SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT YOU GET IT FOR ONE YEAR FOR FREE BUT AFTER A YEAR YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE IT OR IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE, IS THIS THE TRUTH OR WHAT IS THE REAL DEAL?????

That is not true. MS is giving Windows 10 away for free to qualified Users of Windows 7/8 ("Possibly Vista") However if you lose your product key you would need to buy Windows 10, or if you did not take advantage of the free upgrade within the year, you'll have to buy a license. (MS may help retrieve your product key)

But as long as you have your Product Key you'll be able to install it on the same machine. I am not sure if MS will allow you to transfer the license or not. In past the only non-transferrable license is the OEM versions which is attached to the computer.

Other full versions/upgrades can be transferred to new PC's as needed, so long as it is only being used on one machine, unless you have a volume license, or the family license MS experienced with.

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 11:39 PM
  • They'll help you over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_prog?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=Threads&status=&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=All&tm=1433894207756

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 11:57 PM
  •   in your opinion is it worth downloading the free version or buying it????? what are you going to do???????

TDEHERRERA

Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:21 PM
  • You'll have to ask over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_prog?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=Threads&status=&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=All&tm=1433894207756

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:29 PM
  •   in your opinion is it worth downloading the free version or buying it????? what are you going to do???????

TDEHERRERA

I like windows 10, but I also use Classic Shell for the classic start menu for desktop mode. I do not mind the Start Screen when using touch controls. Windows 10 plays all my games, supports DosBox, my Visual Basic programs work, so  I say it is worth the upgrade, especially since it is free.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:41 PM