none
My Windows Vista is Genuine, But now it says its not!!!

Question

• Hello there,

I have owned my laptop along with the pre-installed windows vista for more than 5 years now.... it came installed from the laptop manufacturerhp

Now suddenly I got a notification message telling me my windows is not genuine..... I did not perform or downloaded any thins lately and even did not format my computer even once since first day I bought it!!!!

Below I'm posting the diagnostic report that you asks for in the top of the forums...... PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS UNREALISTIC ISSUE

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0xc004c4a8
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-27HYQ-XTKW2-WQD8Q
    Windows Product Key Hash: U8YEZzymoD4DMyaMb32rPrNIS90=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00061
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003
    ID: {153B704E-C5C1-4733-B503-349EE3BD3547}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.42.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6002.vistasp2_gdr.130707-1535
    TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80004005
    File Exists: No
    Version: 1.7.105.35
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 103
    Version: 1.7.105.35
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 103 Blocked VLK
    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - 103 Blocked VLK
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.7.105.35
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-604-645_025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Disabled
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Disabled

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{153B704E-C5C1-4733-B503-349EE3BD3547}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-WQD8Q</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00061</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-4004407796-734749035-2584269437</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>SLIC-MPC</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.11</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20090314000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>C7333507018400F8</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Arabian Standard Time(GMT+04:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-MPC</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.7.105.35"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="1.7.105.35"/><File Name="OGAVerify.exe" Version="1.7.105.35"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>103</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>103</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>ACD7202654E586</Val><Hash>fFic3JgCreGGRxyF8uMWB4R4Jcg=</Hash><Pid>89388-707-1528066-65714</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="44" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="BA" Version="12" Result="103"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.0.6002.18005

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: PAAAAAEAAgABAAEAAQADAAAABgABAAEAeqjuyeDaRPB6f7Y+kqby9C3imog8/jOmsPaGZ6xWMCmq7UbK

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: no, invalid SLIC table
    Windows marker version: N/A
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: N/A
    BIOS Information: 
      ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
      APIC HPQOEM SLIC-MPC
      FACP HPQOEM SLIC-MPC
      HPET HPQOEM SLIC-MPC
      BOOT HPQOEM SLIC-MPC
      MCFG HPQOEM SLIC-MPC
      DMAR       
      ASF! HPQOEM SLIC-MPC
      SLIC HPQOEM SLIC-MPC
      SSDT PmRef CpuPm

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:45 AM

Answers

• At what point do you get the 'invalid Key' message?

If it's immediately on completing the entry, then the you're probably misreading the Key.

The PID checker you used is an interesting site - and you should be careful using such sites, as the only way that I know that they could 'check' the Key is to actually activate it (or not) - which could invalidate some types of Key, and also build a database of valid Keys for any hacker that has access to the site's logs..

That said, and assuming you've been entering the correct Key, then try rebuilding the license store....

Recreate the Licensing Store with the correct data.

1) Open an Internet Browser window.

2) Type: %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.

3) Find the file CMD.exe

4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'

5) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)

6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing

7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar

8) Type: cd %windir%\system32

9) Type: net start slsvc

10) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)

11) Restart your computer twice. 

You may be asked to enter your COA Key and/or Activate. – if asked for the Key, use the one on your COA sticker on the machine’s case (you may need to activate by telephone).  

If/when it fails, then use the Telephone Activation route, and speak to an operator.

telephone activation (operator calls)

Click on the Start button

in the Search box, type

SLUI   4

and hit the Enter key

follow the instructions, but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you 

(If the command fails to brin up the telephone activation wizard, ring your local number from this list and explain the situation - https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx )

Once complete, run another MGADiag report and post back with the results.     

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:21 PM

All replies

• 1) Try entering the Product Key that is listed on your COA Sticker

2) Your install of Microsoft Office is counterfeit.  It is a a Blocked Volume license.  You need to uninstall it and either purchase a legal copy or look into a free alternative such as Open Office.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:28 PM
  • Hi and thanks for the reply,

Obviously I tried entering the COA product key like a million times with the same outcome message "invalid product key".... 

I also tried checking COA product key from my sticker on my laptop on the microsoft PID checker website "http://d-fault.nl/PidCheck.aspx" and still have the same frustrating message "Invalid product key".... I can send you a picture of the sticker if you like to double, triple or million check again.

I've owned this laptop along side its manufacturer-installed windows vista for more than 5 years now and I bought it brand new not a second hand and since then I kept the same windows vista version originally installed without any formatting or recovery process...

I wish you could help me!!

• Edited by Saad777 Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:45 PM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:36 AM
  • At what point do you get the 'invalid Key' message?

If it's immediately on completing the entry, then the you're probably misreading the Key.

The PID checker you used is an interesting site - and you should be careful using such sites, as the only way that I know that they could 'check' the Key is to actually activate it (or not) - which could invalidate some types of Key, and also build a database of valid Keys for any hacker that has access to the site's logs..

That said, and assuming you've been entering the correct Key, then try rebuilding the license store....

Recreate the Licensing Store with the correct data.

1) Open an Internet Browser window.

2) Type: %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.

3) Find the file CMD.exe

4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'

5) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)

6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing

7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar

8) Type: cd %windir%\system32

9) Type: net start slsvc

10) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)

11) Restart your computer twice. 

You may be asked to enter your COA Key and/or Activate. – if asked for the Key, use the one on your COA sticker on the machine’s case (you may need to activate by telephone).  

If/when it fails, then use the Telephone Activation route, and speak to an operator.

telephone activation (operator calls)

Click on the Start button

in the Search box, type

SLUI   4

and hit the Enter key

follow the instructions, but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you 

(If the command fails to brin up the telephone activation wizard, ring your local number from this list and explain the situation - https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx )

Once complete, run another MGADiag report and post back with the results.     

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:21 PM
  • Hello again,

First, I am entering the product key correctly and got the invalid product key immediately after completing the entry. I also tried replacing the letters I suspect got partially erased during the years like replacing an "F"with "P" for example.... still got the same outcome as always.

Then I started recreating the licence store in the steps you provided me with. I had some problems though.

In step 7, once I enter the order, it reply with "A duplicate file name exist, or the file can not be found".

I resumed with the following steps any way though. after restarting twice. I entered the COA product key from the sticker on my laptop case. still got the same old reply stating exactly "The product key you have entered does not appear to be a valid windows vista product key. please check your product key, and type it again." did not see or presented by any kind of phone activation method. NEVER saw such an option anywhere during.

What to do now??? I am seriously getting frustrated with this non-sense happening to my windows!!!! 

Friday, February 7, 2014 12:25 PM
  • It sounds like you may have already attempted that fix once before?

If that's the case, then amending one line should make it work -

add in the following

6a) Type: del tokens.b*

and continue as before with line 7

Friday, February 7, 2014 1:13 PM