none
unable to create mail in Live Mail

Question

• Receiving error message: " A problem occurred while trying to open this message" using Windows Live Mail after performing Windows Updates.        

Original title: create an email on live mail

I have a problem with Live Mail - Using Windows 7.  I updated last Friday & now receive an error message " A problem occurred while trying to open this message" whenever I try to create email or reply.  I am receiving email OK.  I have tried to restore & one update - KB2884256 - will not uninstall.

I have tried the repair, uninstalling Live Mail, and switching back to explorer 9 - to no avail.  Does anybody have any suggestions.  Thanks -

Hi,

Are you facing the issues with Windows Live Mail after the last Updates?

If the Windows Live Mail issues started after the last updates and you are not able to uninstall one of the updates, you may try the following steps to remove the update and check.

a. Click the Start button, and then, in the search box, type Command Prompt.

b. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c. Type the following: wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2884256.

d. Press the Enter key.

For further information, refer to the article:

If the issue persists, you may post your query in   for further assistance.

If the issue is resolved after uninstalling the updates, then you may also try installing one update at a time and check for the issue. You may also post the KB number of the update causing the issue.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Thank you for your reply.  I tried per your info & page came up stating the update is required & cannot be uninstalled.  I tried in Safe Mode also.   Any Other Info Available?

Thanks,

Wick

Friday, October 18, 2013 8:09 PM