CRM 2011 - Role Limiting User Look-Up RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom form field in the Task form that is a look-up for another CRM user. This is so one user may "Assign" another user a task. When I am logged in as an administrator, the look-up works fine. However, when I am logged in as a user, the look-up is disabled and I cannot access it. I have tried looking at the form & field to see if there is anything not permitting that Role to interact with that field, however I cannot find anything. I have also looked at the Security Settings for that role and tried toggling Activity>Assign to green. However, that does not work either. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to fix this?

Thank you.

John

Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:26 PM

Answers

• I guess you added a new relationship between Tasks and Users to get the lookup field on the Task form. If so, then the assign permissions aren't really relevant. What you need to consider are the Append permissions on Tasks and the Append To permissions on Users. Does your user's role have these permissions?

Another item might possibly be field level security, but only if you have specifically configured it for the task form.

• Marked as answer by John Pawlenty Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:42 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 8:22 AM

All replies

• I guess you added a new relationship between Tasks and Users to get the lookup field on the Task form. If so, then the assign permissions aren't really relevant. What you need to consider are the Append permissions on Tasks and the Append To permissions on Users. Does your user's role have these permissions?

Another item might possibly be field level security, but only if you have specifically configured it for the task form.

• Marked as answer by John Pawlenty Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:42 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 8:22 AM
  • That worked swimmingly. Thank you!
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:41 PM