Student Data Base RRS feed

• Question

•  

I installed CRM 3.0 on a machine that has: 2003 Server (AD), Exchnage Server 2003, SQL Server 2000.

How do you create a database in CRM 3.0?

Friday, January 25, 2008 9:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You don't need to create databases by yourself. CRM setup automatically does it all for you. If you open SQL Server, and see your database instance, you will see 2 CRM related databases

1. CRM_METABASE

2. CRM_MSCRM

1. CRM_METABASE

It contains the metadata of CRM. MS CRM stores all the schema definition in this database. In other words this database is all about schema definition of MS CRM.

2. CRM_MSCRM

This is the main database which contains just your data [not the schema]. The database you enter in Forms comes here. All of your reporting is done on this database.

From your question I recongnize one more thing:

You want to add some student information in your CRM i.e. you want to have some changes in CRM in a way that it supports you to make some database tables for Students info.

If my assumption is correct, then answer is "YES" you can change CRM to support this thing with very less effort.

Log to CRM Web using Administrator username and password. Go to Settings tab --> Go to Customizations sub-tab --> Click Create new entity button--> provide the name of table [entity schema] --> Click Save --> Go to Atributes sub-tab --> add Fields of your choice in this table [entity schema] --> Click Save --> Click Actions Menu --> Click deploy --> Click Save and close

Tell bit more about your confusion point.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 10:38 AM

All replies

• Dear,

Instal MS CRM 3.0 from CD and it will create SQL server database during setup, it will ask some steps and then you can get database,

There are two databses will create OrganizationName_Metabase and OrganziationName_MSCRM

For more see implementation Guide, where step by step installation instructions mentioned.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&displaylang=en

Best Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:37 AM
  • Hi,

You don't need to create databases by yourself. CRM setup automatically does it all for you. If you open SQL Server, and see your database instance, you will see 2 CRM related databases

1. CRM_METABASE

2. CRM_MSCRM

1. CRM_METABASE

It contains the metadata of CRM. MS CRM stores all the schema definition in this database. In other words this database is all about schema definition of MS CRM.

2. CRM_MSCRM

This is the main database which contains just your data [not the schema]. The database you enter in Forms comes here. All of your reporting is done on this database.

From your question I recongnize one more thing:

You want to add some student information in your CRM i.e. you want to have some changes in CRM in a way that it supports you to make some database tables for Students info.

If my assumption is correct, then answer is "YES" you can change CRM to support this thing with very less effort.

Log to CRM Web using Administrator username and password. Go to Settings tab --> Go to Customizations sub-tab --> Click Create new entity button--> provide the name of table [entity schema] --> Click Save --> Go to Atributes sub-tab --> add Fields of your choice in this table [entity schema] --> Click Save --> Click Actions Menu --> Click deploy --> Click Save and close

Tell bit more about your confusion point.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 10:38 AM