Allready Validates once before RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Bougt my copy of windows xp home ed OEM ,when I bought my computer parts.

Installed it ok, then activaded it no problems there.

Then now after 4months I removed one of my harddrives that crashed then booted the computer up and then windows asked me to validate it again, whats the problem?

Since when do you need to validate a product more than once, gda was allready installed on the comp since my first update.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:47 PM

Answers

• I believe your are confusing "Validation" with "Product Activation".  If you made significant chages to your computer's hardware configuation, then you may be requested to "activate" again in order to refresh the original activation file information.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:51 PM
  • Since I allready did that once before with the OEM code it doesn't work again. Why should I have to buy another code just because one harddive crashed.

The harddrive that crashed was not the windows drive

Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Ps. it is asking for the activation of windows , AND that I already have done right after I installed windows. If the code was invalid then I would have had to buy a new key or report the shop that I bought it. BUT now after some months as I mentioned erlier IT pops up again, and that if something is bugus.

Since it was a OEM code you can only validate windows ONCE and THAT should be IT.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:22 PM
  • If you cannot successfully activate via the internet, then choose the alternative option to "activate by phone".

How to activate Windows XP by phone:

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click 'Start', point to 'All Programs', point to 'Accessories', point to 'System Tools', and then click 'Activate Windows'.
      Or,
    click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area (aka system Tray).
      Or,
    clicking Start button, then Run, and type in "oobe/msoobe /a", then press the Enter key located on your keyboard.

2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  

3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
     "You have successfully activated your copy of Windows". 

How to activate Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890/en-us

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:23 PM

All replies

• I believe your are confusing "Validation" with "Product Activation".  If you made significant chages to your computer's hardware configuation, then you may be requested to "activate" again in order to refresh the original activation file information.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:51 PM
  • Since I allready did that once before with the OEM code it doesn't work again. Why should I have to buy another code just because one harddive crashed.

The harddrive that crashed was not the windows drive

Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Ps. it is asking for the activation of windows , AND that I already have done right after I installed windows. If the code was invalid then I would have had to buy a new key or report the shop that I bought it. BUT now after some months as I mentioned erlier IT pops up again, and that if something is bugus.

Since it was a OEM code you can only validate windows ONCE and THAT should be IT.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:22 PM
  • If you cannot successfully activate via the internet, then choose the alternative option to "activate by phone".

How to activate Windows XP by phone:

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click 'Start', point to 'All Programs', point to 'Accessories', point to 'System Tools', and then click 'Activate Windows'.
      Or,
    click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area (aka system Tray).
      Or,
    clicking Start button, then Run, and type in "oobe/msoobe /a", then press the Enter key located on your keyboard.

2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  

3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
     "You have successfully activated your copy of Windows". 

How to activate Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890/en-us

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:23 PM