Forgotton money password RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MS Money Delux 11-UK. Inadvertantly tried opening another money file. The file could not be opened since it was created in earlier version. Now I need to open previous file. I have this file backed up on pendrive. Password required. Found only first 4 letters of password. remaining 2 or four missing. Tried various combination for password. None worked. Is there any way to bypass password. I have Microsoft account. I was not logged in when this happened. If I cannot access this file then can this be imported into quicken software. 
    Friday, October 19, 2018 7:58 PM

All replies

• For your password problem, have a look at the previous thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21622d4f-f8a9-4119-aba3-fad334f2c64a/pw-issue-accessing-msmoney-backup-files?forum=money

As for your final question, - I believe that you will need to be able to open your UK Money file to do an import into Quicken.  And I don't think there is a process for directly importing your Money data.  You will probably have to do a qif export of your Money data and then do an import of the qif files into Quicken.  A Quicken forum would be the best place to learn about that.

Bill Becker

Saturday, October 20, 2018 4:16 AM
  • Do Help->AboutMicrosoftMoney.

What version does it say you have installed?

Saturday, October 20, 2018 1:12 PM