none
Sending a "String" via Bluetooth RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have some BT-Devices  that have no problem with pairing and sending files.
    I´d like to send only some Strings, but just got to "go over the serial-port" answers.

The thing is:
    "Server (my Surface)" opens BT
    "My Phone (yes it´s still a WP)" says yes / or commits
    my Surface Server sends something
    MyPhone commits receiving
    End of transaction

Maybe pairing will be deleted

Like a NullModem.

Been searching for some days, but much of the solutions seem to be "overweight"

Just a Function like:
    Function: SendthruBT PairingKey??,9600,8,n,1,myStringHere  [You know what I mean]

Could anyone help me with this issue.
    I´d appreciate, if anyone could recommend a  Bluetooth-Terminal program. Some Telnet for BT

Thanks very much

Raimo

Friday, July 20, 2018 4:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Raimo,

Sorry for the late reply.

Since your project is more related to VB6, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at VBForums: Visual Basic 6 and Earlier Forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Stanly

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by RaimoBecker Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:28 PM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:08 AM

All replies

• Who do you think is going to receive those strings?  Bluetooth devices, like USB devices, expose certain services.  If your device supports a service, you can connect to it.  If your device doesn't offer a "terminal" service, then there isn't going to be anybody listening for a terminal-like connection.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Sunday, July 22, 2018 5:27 AM
  • Hi Raimo,

>>Been searching for some days, but much of the solutions seem to be "overweight"

What is the error message? 

Could you please provide more details for your problem?

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 23, 2018 6:33 AM
  • Hello Stanly and Tim,

sorry for the late answer
    You are both right in demanding details.

I have a running old VB6-Programme, that was/is communicating via serial ports:

Serial Port (eg COM1) to Serial Port(Com1); Serial<->Serial
    It works also (depending on drivers) Serial>Serial-USB and vice versa.

But to handle communication is time-expensive and it is difficult to get the customers into the DeviceManager and then so on and forth...

--EDIT:
    Boss wants to make it via Bluetooth

-- End EDIT

---- This is Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 7/8.1

I have Bluetooh-Communication (is it like FTDI?) and I can send sometinhg. And my Usb-Bluetooh stcik reacts. But I need somekind of Reciever. That I meant with terminal-programme.
    A listener on that prot that my bluetooth-stick is assigned

Hope this makes it clearer

Greets

Raimo

Friday, July 27, 2018 5:57 PM
  • Hi Raimo,

Sorry for the late reply.

Since your project is more related to VB6, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at VBForums: Visual Basic 6 and Earlier Forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Stanly

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by RaimoBecker Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:28 PM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:08 AM
  • Hi Stanly,

got a half week off.
    Actually I don´t need VB6. 

Any VBNet, any C#would have done . It is all about the librariies.

Anyway... The ongiong costs of "Certification (Bluetooth)" for commercial competition are... Quite smooth

Thanks very much, but we´re not riding that horse.

Greetings

Rai

• Edited by RaimoBecker Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:30 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:28 PM