none
Can I protect my credit card info without deleting it? RRS feed

• Question

• Sometimes I want to buy stuff online in XBox Live, but putting in credit card info is a pain.  

Sometimes my 11 year old realizes my credit card information has been saved, and buys stuff online without permission.  

How can I prevent my kid from buying stuff without having to delete my credit card information manually every time I make a purchase?

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Not sure this belongs in "Publishing Windows Store Apps".
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 8:25 PM
  • Hi Deucifer,

Since this forum is to discuss issue about publishing Windows Store app, I move your thread to let your post appear in the appreciate forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 6:42 AM
  • Hello,

I'd ask on the Xbox forums.

As Microsoft's Xbox forums are on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Karl

Saturday, December 31, 2016 10:23 PM
  • Sometimes I want to buy stuff online in XBox Live, but putting in credit card info is a pain.  

Sometimes my 11 year old realizes my credit card information has been saved, and buys stuff online without permission.  

How can I prevent my kid from buying stuff without having to delete my credit card information manually every time I make a purchase?

Well usually a parent would make the message clear to their child on what is allowed and what is not allowed. And the child would follow the rules or be punished accordingly.

On the other hand why would your 11 yoa child be allowed access to an online XBox live, account I suppose, of yours which has credit card info that could allow the menace to purchase things without permission? Of course this isn't a parenting forum either. Maybe you should try some of those also.

La vida loca

Sunday, January 1, 2017 1:12 AM