RC Connector Clients software (Backup Option) - point to reconsider? RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

First my feedback/Thanks to great home server install/work/simple matters, working well, well done to the WHS Team.

Regarding the backup issue for clients within the installing of the connector cd, well, for my case, we have total of 7 pc's and 6 laptops, for me and my sons.

The way the install need the HWS admin password to be install on the clients, not good idea, sure i have the option to go a head and install that cd on every pc's/laptops, but then where the point of simple issue for home user.

Why not the backup be within the creating of the clients account, and whe nthey login, some auto install made for the backup option.

Sorry for this feedback, but giving every clinets the admin password for the server, not good at all.

I like all my family members be able to use the backup option, I hope you see my point and reconsider that option in the future update.

If that option can be apply in some way, and I miss how to do it, in luck of reading or searching, then please accept my apology.

My best,

Ahmad

Friday, June 15, 2007 8:50 PM

Answers

•  Tom Ziegmann (MS) wrote:
    The client does not have the admin password all the time. It is only really needed once and that is when you install the connector. Backup is configured when the machine is added to the server.

Hi Tom,

That correct, and that my point as well, "someone" have either to install over the cd to the clients by directly or remote desktop.

It will be a lots easier that "option" for "backup" be made when the admin add account for a user.

My best,

Ahmad

Friday, June 15, 2007 9:24 PM
  • Please post this as a suggestion in the suggestion forum.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 10:45 PM

All replies

• The client does not have the admin password all the time. It is only really needed once and that is when you install the connector. Backup is configured when the machine is added to the server.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 9:17 PM
  •  Tom Ziegmann (MS) wrote:
    The client does not have the admin password all the time. It is only really needed once and that is when you install the connector. Backup is configured when the machine is added to the server.

Hi Tom,

That correct, and that my point as well, "someone" have either to install over the cd to the clients by directly or remote desktop.

It will be a lots easier that "option" for "backup" be made when the admin add account for a user.

My best,

Ahmad

Friday, June 15, 2007 9:24 PM
  • Please post this as a suggestion in the suggestion forum.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 10:45 PM