Office 03 SBE cannot activate RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i work in a computer shop, building pc's for customers etc. etc. im sure you guys know the drill.

anyway, today is(was) no different to any other day, another pc built, software installed, away it goes.

unfortunatly, this install of office will  _not_  activate for what ever reason.

have been on the phone to MS twice, first time got told to uninstall, re-install and call back. 2nd phone call, got directed to a directory (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA) and instructed to delete the "opa11.dat" file to generate a new installation ID.

I deleted the file, but the  _same_ installation ID cameback (now i appologise in advance, as im not sure if it was ment to change in the first place =P), and again got told that my install ID is incorrect.

here is a report from MGA diag.:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-DBWKM-9XBQ7-68WM3
    Windows Product Key Hash: P+ZeSCtU+vr5FJmylhv5ncKQWPo=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2216172-92553
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 59f5156c-3c3e-4908-8dab-076b4f5091b3
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial:
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 101 Not Activated
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>59f5156c-3c3e-4908-8dab-076b4f5091b3</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-68WM3</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2216172-92553</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-789336058-1708537768-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>MSI</Manufacturer><Model>MS-7309</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>V1.6</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20070124000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>3FDD37BF01848066</HWID><UserLCID>0C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>E. Australia Standard Time(GMT+10:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>4ward Computer Services</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>101</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91CA0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>101</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>7891EA97FE6EF80</Val><Hash>eCeaneH8KnALEdhkERf/GEt5hgg=</Hash><Pid>70160-OEM-5696081-42634</Pid><PidType>5</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Now as i sit here, i am looking at the COA, product key, everything (this may be a silly question, but how do i locate my office PID? the explination online led me to "you must be logged in")

thank you for your time reading this, and im so sorry the setting out is horendus (have some people on my back Smile)

regards, tristan

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:20 AM

Answers

• sorry, just re-read my reply and spotted this:

"<Pid>70160-OEM-5696081-42634</Pid>"

i entered that PID into the MS OSA website, which lead me to "computer manufacture support"

sorry, thats kind of a dead end :<

regards, tristan

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:42 AM
  • Did you still need assistance?

STephen Holm , MS

Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:44 AM
  • Hello Tristan,

Maybe this will assist.  Please follow the steps to attempt resolving this issue.  Open My Computer located on your desktop

1.      Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\

NOTE:  The application data file may be hidden. Use the Tools drop down menu and follow:  Folder Options->View->Hidden Files and Folders->Show Hidden Files and Folders to show the folder. Please re-hide the files once you have completed all the steps.

2.      Right click the data.dat file, then click “Delete”.

3.      This data.dat file is for Office (not OGA)

4.      Once the file has been deleted, open an Office application such as MS Word and “ACTIVATE” it.

5.      If product activation was successful try the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA). Please launch the following link and begin the OGA process again: (this is the OGA part; Office Genuine Advantage):  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Validate.aspx?displaylang=eng

The following Knowledge Base Articles can provide more information for Office Activation issues:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us

Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter. Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851. Please re-post here should you need further assistance.

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate a 2007 Office product

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895

Did this work?  I look forward to the outcome at your earliest opportunity.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, June 29, 2007 10:46 PM
  • good morning steve

thanks for your reply, my boss tried the activation the next day, and it magically worked Sad geeze i was cut but oh well. so as the saying goes, "if its not broken, dont fix it" - sorry i cant confirm your suggestion

i dont know if microsoft fixed the issue overnight after reviewing the details that i gave tech support via the phone, but yes either way something had changed which enabled office to activate.

sorry that the resolution i found wont help anyone else with the same problem(wait a night?) but yes maybe this problem has been officially resolved.

thanks again steve
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 1:43 AM
  • Trista,

I am very sorry you were cut Sad.  There could have been a couple things which cause the 101 activation error. First I analyze the diag report on my end then provide a possible solution. You are welcome and I wish you the utmost best with everything. If you need assistance with WGA please don't hesitate posting and we will be here to assist you :-).

best regards,

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 6, 2007 1:09 AM

All replies

• sorry, just re-read my reply and spotted this:

"<Pid>70160-OEM-5696081-42634</Pid>"

i entered that PID into the MS OSA website, which lead me to "computer manufacture support"

sorry, thats kind of a dead end :<

regards, tristan

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:42 AM
  • Did you still need assistance?

STephen Holm , MS

Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:44 AM
  • Hello Tristan,

Maybe this will assist.  Please follow the steps to attempt resolving this issue.  Open My Computer located on your desktop

1.      Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\

NOTE:  The application data file may be hidden. Use the Tools drop down menu and follow:  Folder Options->View->Hidden Files and Folders->Show Hidden Files and Folders to show the folder. Please re-hide the files once you have completed all the steps.

2.      Right click the data.dat file, then click “Delete”.

3.      This data.dat file is for Office (not OGA)

4.      Once the file has been deleted, open an Office application such as MS Word and “ACTIVATE” it.

5.      If product activation was successful try the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA). Please launch the following link and begin the OGA process again: (this is the OGA part; Office Genuine Advantage):  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Validate.aspx?displaylang=eng

The following Knowledge Base Articles can provide more information for Office Activation issues:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us

Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter. Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851. Please re-post here should you need further assistance.

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate a 2007 Office product

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895

Did this work?  I look forward to the outcome at your earliest opportunity.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, June 29, 2007 10:46 PM
  • good morning steve

thanks for your reply, my boss tried the activation the next day, and it magically worked Sad geeze i was cut but oh well. so as the saying goes, "if its not broken, dont fix it" - sorry i cant confirm your suggestion

i dont know if microsoft fixed the issue overnight after reviewing the details that i gave tech support via the phone, but yes either way something had changed which enabled office to activate.

sorry that the resolution i found wont help anyone else with the same problem(wait a night?) but yes maybe this problem has been officially resolved.

thanks again steve
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 1:43 AM
  • Trista,

I am very sorry you were cut Sad.  There could have been a couple things which cause the 101 activation error. First I analyze the diag report on my end then provide a possible solution. You are welcome and I wish you the utmost best with everything. If you need assistance with WGA please don't hesitate posting and we will be here to assist you :-).

best regards,

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 6, 2007 1:09 AM