none
MCPD 70-564 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, When will the Self placed training kit for exam 70-564 be released? I couldn't find the book anywhere..

Thanks..

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:33 AM

Answers

• As far as I know there is no planned release date and I never heared that such a book is in work. (I was hopeing that such a book will be released one day, but now I am quite sure, that it will never come. I expect that the authors will directly make the MCPD books for Visual Studio 2010 instead - but that is just soem kind of guessing.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:14 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• As far as I know there is no planned release date and I never heared that such a book is in work. (I was hopeing that such a book will be released one day, but now I am quite sure, that it will never come. I expect that the authors will directly make the MCPD books for Visual Studio 2010 instead - but that is just soem kind of guessing.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Any suggestions as what to do now? Go do MCTS for .NET 4.0 and then upgrade to MCPD 4.0 and then later do MCPD 3.5?
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:04 AM
  • Hi,

I would consider two options:

a) You can simpyl look for the requirements, maybe get some practice tests (Selftestsoftware.com has a 70-564 test if I remember correctly) and simply do the test.

b) Simply start over with the 4.0 exams. But then I would no longer even think about the old 3.5 exams and completly concentrate on the 4.0 ones (and afterwards are enough other things a developer could do e.g. SQL Server 2008 Database Developer or things like that.).

What to do is something, that you have to decide. In a situation like you, I decided to switch to the new exams.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:50 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks.. I'll see into it...
    Saturday, January 8, 2011 4:52 PM