none
Publisher 2013 Mail Merge combines every other document RRS feed

• Question

• I've never seen anything like this! I hope someone else has a fix for it!

In Publisher 2013, I created a 20-page booklet (5 sheets, letter-size, formatted booklet, side fold).  Done this many times, print over a thousand documents like this a month.  This time, I decided to save a crew of volunteers a little time by doing a mail merge to the document's addressee box rather than printing 18 sheets of mailing labels.

I sent a test document to my Ricoh MP C8003 with a SR4130 Finisher and it printed just fine, pulled the cover stock from the correct drawer and pulled regular paper for the inside pages.  Happy, happy!  So I tell Publisher to merge all 530 records to the printer and away it goes.  I see addresses printed in the appropriate box and go about my business. 

When the job is done, I went through the batch to pull the pieces that I know are addressed to staff and some are missing.  After comparing the addresses on the outputted documents I realize that every other address is missing.  That's when it clicks in my brain that these mailings seem a little thicker than they should ...  I open and page through the first document and, sure enough, I find the SECOND document nested and stapled right into the first.  The document has the second address on it, but the cover stock was not pulled for it's cover. 

So I have two documents correctly mail merged, but then incorrectly merged into one mail piece.  I hope someone has a fix for this!!

Friday, November 3, 2017 4:35 PM

Answers

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I believe you should ask your question in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum dedicated to Microsoft Publisher, such as this one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_publish

Search for similar questions, or click on "Participate" and select "Ask a Question". The Answers/Community forums are on a different platform, so we cannot move this question there. You will need to ask your question again. Sorry.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, November 4, 2017 12:47 PM