System running very sssslllllooooooooowwwwww RRS feed

• Question

•  

After isntalling Live One Care on new Inspiron 1720 Laptop it is running amazingly slow. Not sure why but need some help understanding my next step. Anyone have any advice? I have a subscription to McAfee for three years. Not sure what to do. Just wanted to include One Care into my system for all else that it can do outside of viruses etc.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:51 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:41 AM
  • Did you completely uninstall the McAfee software? If so, please contact support to have the performance issue investigated. 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:03 AM
  • No I did not remove McAfee but left it in place. I wanted to leave things as is and just add Live One Care. I was told that I could add it and not have any consequences. Live One Care includes a feature that watches over the hard drive etc. I wanted that as there was no such feature in McAfee. It is my belief that they could work fine in unison???

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:38 AM
  • No, that isn't correct. Having two active antivirus or firewall programs running will seriously degrade system performance and can cause system instability. You *must* remove McAfee if you wish to use OneCare.

-steve

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:33 PM