Certificate for Wintel support RRS feed

  • Question

  • Is MCTS going to be helpful for wintel support job?

    I'm new to this, what is the prerequisite to get this MCTS? I working as a helpdesk now, and only holding a Diploma cert with less than 2 year exp in role


    Please advise

    Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:28 AM


  • You may wish to consider the MCITP: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician. This certification requires you to pass 2 exams: 70-680 (which will give you the MCTS on Windows 7 Configuration) and 70-686, which gives you the MCITP.


    There are no other prerequisites for sitting these exams, except of course for having the adequate knowledge. The two years of experience that you have in this role can be perfectly adequate, even if the exam description for 70-686 claims that it is targetted to people with three years experience. But this is only a suggestion, not an absolute requirement. Only one year of experience is suggested for 70-680 (MCTS).



    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Sunday, May 29, 2011 10:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:36 AM
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:09 AM