An activated and Genuine validated Windows Ultimate not showing updates that should be available for that version RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I have Windows Vista Ultimate on my new notebook that I bought in Canada.

Therefore the operating system is in English by default.

At the beginning, I had no issue, I got all the necessary updates that I wanted including the languages pack and Dreamscene.

Then, following a nice blue screen (most stable Windows version huh? ;-)) I had to recover the system with the original DVD.

(In fact, the DVD that I've generated from the Acer Recovery provided tools that is taking the copy of the factory configuration on a small HDD dedicated partition)

Since that recovery, I was able to obtain all fixes and security updates, etc... but no trace of the languages or Dreamscene.

I have of course activated Windows and it is certified Genuine. So I do not understand anymore...

I've read on different forums that Dreamscene is only available on English OS version... which is my case, so this should not be the problem.

Anyhow this would not explain why I can't see additional languages for the OS display as I was able the first time I switch on my computer with the pre-installed system.

So to conclude, I have a Windows Ultimate, activated and Genuine certified, which is not showing all the updates normally available for that version.

If anyone get an idea, I would be more than happy to know it :-)

Jean-Frederic

Friday, April 20, 2007 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hello Jean-Frederic,

If I understand correctly from the following quote you've validated successfully. 

Queviko wrote:

So to conclude, I have a Windows Ultimate, activated and Genuine certified, which is not showing all the updates normally available for that version.

Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues, you’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your non-validation issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista.  Thanks!

Friday, April 20, 2007 9:02 PM
  • Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues I'm don't know either.  If you've successfully validated you'll need to contact product support services to figure out why you're not getting updates.  You can contact them by clicking here: Product Support Services. Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

You can also try posting your question in the public Vista newsgroups here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Jean-Frederic,

If I understand correctly from the following quote you've validated successfully. 

Queviko wrote:

Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues, you’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your non-validation issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista.  Thanks!

Friday, April 20, 2007 9:02 PM
  • It looks like, at least this is what the MS Site is saying and what the OS is saying as well...

BUT I do not get Updates that should be visible for my version (Ultimate)... meaning Languages & Extras.

Why is that? I have no clue.

Jean-Frederic

Friday, April 20, 2007 11:37 PM
  • Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues I'm don't know either.  If you've successfully validated you'll need to contact product support services to figure out why you're not getting updates.  You can contact them by clicking here: Product Support Services. Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

You can also try posting your question in the public Vista newsgroups here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:58 AM