none
sharepoint issues RRS feed

• Question

• I too have grown to dislike Microsoft.  There have been several cases over the years with the ever frustrating run-around in getting to customer support.  To their credit I have had a few problems resolved, but there are instances as in my most recent one where the frustration grows intensely.  In this last case it concerns migrating a website from SharePoint in Office 365.  Now, this is a necessity since Microsoft is discontinuing that service.  One would think that as a courtesy they would make it extremely easy to do so.  Nope, the directions that they provide instruct one to create a "network location" first.  The problem I encountered is that their directions do not work.  One is directed to click the "waffle" menu and then select "sites."  Sounds easy, but there is no "sites" to be clicked!  Hence, one then must look through the search of said problem.  Much on "migrating to SharePoint, but nothing on migrating away from.

So, I "contact an "Expert" explain my problem, chat small-talk and then I am given a number to call in an additional customer support department.  That number was of course busier than all........

By the way, if anyone reading this can be of assistance, please respond. 

Sunday, December 10, 2017 9:56 PM

Answers

All replies