I cant do anything RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so i play world of warcraft and there was a new patch today. When downloading it asked me if i wanted to block it, i clicked allow it. It exits out of the downloader so i reopen it, gets to the same percent and exits out. 10 minutes later i use a mirror site and im finnaly done with the patch... but now its blocking everything, even when i say not to block it, it blocks it. I look at what i allowed and it says i havnt allowed anything. I try to turn off the firewall but when i click "off" then "ok" it stays in the window so i cant turn the firewall off! the only thing i can use it firefox internet! help!

-I just did the repair tool, the firewall is off now and i cant turn it back on.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Since the firewall repair tool did not help I suggest contacting support for help. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:43 PM
  • It is issues like this that make me look forward to the end of OneCare and beginning of Morro (no firewall in Morro, Windows Firewall only).

Have you rebooted the PC? I had an issue with the firewall on one PC yesterday. I turned it off manually, but then I was unable to get it turned back on. I ended up rebooting and everything was abck to normal.

My wife is an avid WoW player and uses OneCare - I'm glad to report that she's never had an issue with the patches as offered and installed.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:50 PM