lost product code key of winxppro.How can I retreive it? RRS feed

Answers

•  

Hello gpa958,

In the past, Microsoft used to store Windows Registration Information directly linked with the Product Key that the registration was submitted for. Unfortunately, due to Privacy laws and legal action, Microsoft is no longer able to store the Windows Owner's Personal Identifing Information linked to the Product Key for that Windows. Therefore, we no longer have any way of knowing what Product Key belongs to you.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGAForum Manager

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 12:19 AM

All replies

•  

Hello gpa958,

In the past, Microsoft used to store Windows Registration Information directly linked with the Product Key that the registration was submitted for. Unfortunately, due to Privacy laws and legal action, Microsoft is no longer able to store the Windows Owner's Personal Identifing Information linked to the Product Key for that Windows. Therefore, we no longer have any way of knowing what Product Key belongs to you.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGAForum Manager

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 12:19 AM
  • You can use special software to recover your Windows key. Most of them supported all versions Windows and other Microsoft products. Also there is a products like "Recover Keys" that support a lot of other major software packages.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:15 PM
  • Need to reinstall, because of missing, or lost file's. I have my C.O.A is there another way to retrieve my product Key ?
    Saturday, May 31, 2008 7:08 PM