How to handle public and private dependencies and packaging in Powershell binary module (.Net Standard & Nuget) RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to make a cli to go with a some buisness logic code I hope to also use with a gui using Xamarin.

I would just like some advice about best practice getting all of the required binaries in one place for powershell to access when I load my module.  I've had some success with a console app but I'd rather make a powershell module if possible as there are quite a few advantages on parsing arguments. 

The private dependencies (other project in solution) produce assemblies in the bin directory but public ones from nuget do not seem to and are missing unless I manually add them.  It isn't completely obvious which onces are missing and what version to copy over etc.

I have more specifics in a stackoverflow question but I haven't had a response over there yet and I thought this may be a better place to get some powershell binary module help as there isn't a powershell-binary-module tag over at Stackoverflow yet.

Thanks

Craig

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51732417/how-can-i-publish-a-powershell-gallery-module-that-depends-on-a-platform-specifi?rq=1

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Friday, March 15, 2019 5:35 PM Off-topic
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:37 PM

All replies

• This is not the correct forum for asking about how to create distributable packages.  You will have to post in the Nuget forums or in a developer forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:11 PM