none
Version 2 Appearance - Missing Text RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there. Just installed the beta of SyncToy, and I am wondering why there is missing text and poorly formatted backgrounds in the paired folder view. Most of the left file path text and chunks of text where the color changes from blue to white are missing. It just looks shoddy. It still works, but is hard to read.

I would post a screenshot of what it looks like on both of the PCs I installed it on (one is XP Home - completely up-to-date, the other is XP Pro - completely -up-to-date), but this forum does not seem to permit that.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi all. I have observed exactly the same, and I was surprised that nobody else had mentioned this until I found your post. I 
    have installed it in my three machines, XP home and pro, English 
    and Spanish, always with the same garbled display of text and 
    colors. I even sent a screen capture to one of the developers, whose
    email I found here at the forum, but there was no reply, so I don't
    know if they received it.

The functionality is unhampered, though, and I use it regularly
    for my backups. I have checked for new builds to see if this problem is
    corrected, but for months it has always been the same build. I hope
    they will be able to reproduce and solve this problem. I imagin not everybody
    is seeng the same, otherwise it's incredible that nobody mentions it.

Cheers,

Guillermo
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:16 PM
  • I'm going to bump this, since the MS people seem to have missed it.

I, too have it installed on multiple machines, with all of them showing the messed up display. Is everyone just accepting this and not mentioning it, or are we just victims of the oddest set of coincidental circumstances?

Regards,

Owen

Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:49 PM
  • Here. I have put an example screen capture of what I see at my webpage: synctoy 2

Is that what you see, Owen?

Anybody from the dev team?

Thanks,

Guillermo

Friday, March 21, 2008 2:18 AM
  • Guillermo,

That is exactly what I see. I find it very odd that all the PCs you put SyncToy 2.0 on, and all the PCs I put SyncToy on have the exact same problem. I downloaded the executables separately, and the PCs are as different as night and day.

Why the silence from the dev team?

Regards,

Owen

Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:13 PM
  • Owen, what language is your XP? Mine is Spanish in both desktop computers.

Guillermo
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:50 PM
  • Hablo ingles solamente. Mis   tambien.

Owen

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:26 AM
  • I see. I also just installed SyncToy 2 on my laptop, with XP SP2 in English, with the same result. There goes my theory about language incompatibility...

It's weird that noboy else, an especially nobody from the dev team, has responded to this...

Guillermo

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:33 PM
  • Hi Guillermo and Owen -

I am a developer on the SyncToy team and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. You are right about the fact that there is a bug in the display. We are working on the fix and expect it to be fixed on the final 2.0 release.

Thanks for the feedback.

Deepa

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:44 PM
  • Deepa,

So, when the final release is going to be available?
    I have exactly the same problem as other guys described.

D
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:48 AM
  •  Deepa Choundappan wrote:
    I am a developer on the SyncToy team and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. You are right about the fact that there is a bug in the display. We are working on the fix and expect it to be fixed on the final 2.0 release.

Good to hear that, Deepa! Many thanks...

Guillermo
    Friday, April 18, 2008 2:35 AM