Help! Windows 8 Install Problems! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I recently attempted to install windows 8 on my dell latitude c400 and i rebooted it. It wanted me to boot to windows setup, but when i selected it the hard drive will click for a few seconds then it will just sit there with a black screen. So shut down the machine and turned it back on, and I selected earlier version of windows and it booted just fine to windows xp. Now whenever I turn my machine on i have to select earlier version of windows. Is there any way that i can just turn it on and it will go strait to windows xp. Also when i installed windows 8, I did it with deamon tools with a an iso file. I would like to keep windows xp.

Thank you ahead of time for your consideration

• Changed type DellUser31149 Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:06 PM my laptop boot problems
    • Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:32 PM Not a "TechNet Wiki Discussion" question
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:02 PM

Answers

• This forum is for questions about the TechNet Wiki. You should probably ask your question in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum dedicated to Windows install issues. Start here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_install?tab=Threads

You might also select a Windows version. I cannot move this question to the above forum, so you will need to ask again. Sorry.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:15 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:31 PM