wireless adapter is gone and extension display does not work after hibernation RRS feed

• Question

• my notebook is thinkpad X201s, os is windows 7, 32 bit, ultimate, english

I used wireless at home, and my notebook is out of power, it is hibernated automaticly

the next day, I went to office, and plug-in power adapter, and switch-on computer 

then I found wireless does not work, so I open "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections", there has no wireless icon. then I open "Device Manager", there has no wireless adapter in network adapters

and another bad thing is when I extend my display with another monitor, the second display shows nothing, and the monitor does not work, it does not work in another computer, it looks need repaired. but it works before

and I change a new monitor to connect my notebook, extension display does not work, but the monitor can work in another computer, it's fine.

and I restarted computer, no help.

at last I found the solution for wireless, first shutdown computer, and plug-out the power adapter(it's very important), wait 30 seconds, then plug-in power adapter, and restart the computer, great, wireless works again

now, the extension display function still does not work. I guess the extension display pin does not work, maybe need repaired

Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jacky Zhou,

Welcome to MSDN forum!

According to your description, I would like to move this thread to "Where this thread for" for off topic here.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 21, 2013 3:02 AM
  • I'd ask them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7?tab=QnA&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&tm=1382329125417

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Luigi BrunoMVP Monday, October 21, 2013 7:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zhou Jun 0404 Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:08 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 4:19 AM