none
undo an echo sync? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    i just ran a sync on 2.0 for the first time.  i had some folders on the right side that were the named the same as folders in the left folder, but which contained different files.  after running the sync, new folders from the left were added to the right, however the duplicate folder was not replaced; instead it is simply gone.  it should have gone to the Recycle Bin, i believe, but it is not there.  i was under the impression that an echo would only add files, not replace files or folders.  so, 1)  where has the older folder from the right gone? and 2) can i "undo" the echo sync to just put things back the way they were before i ran the sync?

thanks,

t.s.

Saturday, September 5, 2009 11:21 PM

All replies

• Base on your description, you set your folder pairs' action as Echo, then that means, only the changes in left side will be reflect to right side. If you want to have both side completely same, please reset the action to Sychronize. And notice, there is no Undo option for synctoy. But by chooseing "save Overwritten files in the Recycle Bin", you can find the overwritten files and sync-deleted files, but you need to restore then manually. So before you run sync  you'd better think about your configuration is what you want. Feature details for three action options, you can see them through UI when you change the action, selecting different one.

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, September 7, 2009 6:46 AM